Live, Virtual Professional Development
Does your school or district need a literacy improvement plan?
This half-day workshop introduces the Keys to Literacy Planning Model. Participants will learn how to generate a long-term literacy plan that provides a road map for improving student reading, writing and other literacy skills.
Virtual-Live Format: The Keys trainer will use Zoom video conferencing to deliver this training in an interactive format using features such as breakout rooms and chat.
The Keys to Literacy planning model addresses these components:
- Core literacy instruction used with all K-12 students in all subjects
- Intervention instruction for students having difficulty with reading and writing
- Literacy assessment and data analysis to drive instructional decisions
- Professional development
- Literacy leadership and resources
Participants will learn:
- How to assemble a site-based literacy planning team representing all stake-holders
- Background literacy knowledge required to complete a plan
- How to take stock of current literacy practices and identify strengths and gaps, using information-gathering tools provided by Keys
- How to generate goals and action steps
- How to generate a literacy improvement plan using a report template provided by Keys
View a Printable Brochure/Registration form or register below.
- If you cancel 3 days or more prior to training, you will be issued a full refund.
- No refunds will be issued for "no shows" or cancellations within 72 hours of training.
- Substitutions accepted.
Who Should Participate
Any educator, grades K-12, who is interested in literacy planning. Get the most out of this work shop by registering with colleagues who might form the core of your literacy planning team!
Enter the number of attendees you wish to register for School and District Literacy Planning (Live Virtual).