We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and we work hard to create a company where all can express their talents in an environment that is characterized by communication, respect, fair play, integrity, drive, and high standards. Please contact us if you find our open positions of interest.
Position Title: Literacy Teacher Trainer
Keys to Literacy is a professional development company that specializes in providing professional development grades K-12 teachers around effective instruction for reading and writing skills. We are seeking part-time, per diem trainers with experience providing literacy training to teachers. The main responsibility of this position is the delivery of initial training and implementation coaching to teachers in schools and districts for our literacy PD programs: The Key Comprehension Routine, The Key Vocabulary Routine, Keys to Content Writing, Keys to Early Writing, and Keys to Beginning Reading. Our success and high level of satisfaction with our training are due to the quality of our training staff. Keys to Literacy trainers consistently receive high evaluation scores and are recognized for their knowledge and ability to effectively train teachers. To attract the best trainers we provide a collegial work place, expect high levels of collaboration and offer schedule flexibility. The starting daily training rate is $600 per day plus travel reimbursement.
Location: Keys to Literacy offices are located in Rowley, MA. However, the schools we work with are located throughout the country. This position will require traveling (both driving and flying) to schools and it is therefore expected that the trainer will maintain a home office as well.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s degree with major coursework related to literacy. Five years classroom or college teaching or administration experience. Significant experience presenting professional development to educators.
Additional Information: Keys to Literacy seeks a teacher trainer who has knowledge of current research on effective literacy instruction. Interpersonal skills with groups is essential, including a strong ability to transmit knowledge and skills to other educators. Strong organization skills are also required. Must have flexibility in scheduling work days and be willing to travel.
Keys to Literacy will provide training and support to the person who takes this position so he/she will become proficient in delivering our professional development programs. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please contact Joan Sedita, Founding Partner, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download this pdf if you would like to post this Keys to Literacy job opportunity.
Position Title: Director of Outreach and Account Development
Position: We are looking for a Director of Outreach and Account Development. The pay range for this full-time position is $85,000-$95,000. We offer partial coverage of health benefits and a 401K plan.
Location: The Keys to Literacy office is in Rowley, MA. Applicants must be able to work at the office for the majority of the time; there is some flexibility to work from home.
What we are looking for: KTL seeks an educator with strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills who believes that every student deserves quality instruction to learn to read and write. The qualified candidate is a person who thrives in a collaborative environment with an interest in marketing and business development and a commitment to customer service with schools.
- Strong literacy background: knowledge and experience with literacy instruction and curriculum
- Masters degree or higher in literacy related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a school environment
- Technology experience: fluent with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel; Google Drive file sharing; email marketing software (e.g., Constant Contact); CRM software
- Social media experience: fluent with use of Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
- Presentation skills: experience delivering informational workshop presentations
- Communicate and Interact with all levels of education personnel (e.g., curriculum directors, superintendents, state department of education personnel)
- Develop and execute targeted marketing activities to create awareness of KTL services
- Expand KTL’s social media presence
- Business analysis, including account tracking and forecasting
- Oversee e-newsletter and other email marketing campaigns
- Develop and execute a plan to promote KTL online teacher training courses
- Oversee KTL participation in literacy related conferences (presentations, exhibit tables)
- Identify and help write literacy related grant proposals
- Assist with account development for old and new school/district accounts
- Assist with recruitment, hiring and onboarding of new literacy trainers
- Assist with development and promotion of new literacy professional development products
If you are interested, please email a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Download this pdf if you would like to post this Keys to Literacy job opportunity