Keys to Literacy offers train-the-facilitator (TTF) models for districts, teacher training centers, and state education agencies that would like to train teachers using in-house literacy facilitators. Using this model, Keys to Literacy trains literacy specialists who become licensed to deliver professional development for the following Keys to Literacy PD programs.
For Keys to Beginning Reading, The Key Comprehension Routine, The Key Vocabulary Routine (coming soon), Keys to Content Writing, and Keys to Early Writing:
- In-house literacy specialists become Level I facilitators and are licensed to deliver initial teacher training using a facilitated online course model, administrator training, and implementation coaching.
- Educators learn course content and instructional practices by completing asynchronous online course modules. The modules are completed following a schedule that includes facilitated live sessions (delivered virtually or face-to-face) by Level I facilitators. The length of time to complete the online course and attend facilitated meetings varies depending on the Keys to Literacy program.
- During the facilitated sessions, Certified Facilitators provide a collaborative opportunity to debrief activities completed during the online course, share ideas for connecting the course to classroom instruction, and to answer questions about course content.
- When a school or district uses this model, there is a per-teacher charge that covers the cost of the training book and online registration fee.
- The Train-the-Facilitator session ranges from two to three days, depending on the program
Contact us to learn more about this Train-the-Facilitator option.