Keys to Literacy offers a train-the-trainer model for large districts, teacher training centers, and state education agencies that would like to train teachers using in-house literacy trainers. Using this model, Keys to Literacy trains literacy specialists who become licensed to deliver professional development for the following Keys to Literacy PD programs.
For The Key Comprehension Routine, The Key Vocabulary Routine, Keys to Content Writing, and Keys to Early Writing:
- In-house literacy specialists become Level I trainers and are licensed to deliver initial teacher training, administrator training, and implementation coaching.
- Initial teacher training uses a blend of face-to-face workshops and our online courses. Use of the online course ensures fidelity of training content for teachers. There is a per teacher charge that covers the cost of the training book and online registration fee.
- The Train-the-Trainer session for each program is 5 days.
Download a PDF description of the Train-the-Trainer model for these four programs.
For Keys to Beginning Reading:
- In-house literacy specialists become Certified Keys to Beginning Reading trainers and are licensed to deliver training for any of the modules in this training course.
- All training is delivered in a face-to-face format. There is a per teacher charge that covers the cost of the training manual.
- The Train-the-Trainer session is 8 days which covers all 9 course modules.
Download a PDF description of the Train-the-Trainer model for this program.