Keys to Literacy offers a train-the-trainer model for large districts, teacher training centers, and state education agencies that would like to train teachers using in-house literacy trainers. Using this model, Keys to Literacy trains literacy specialists to become Level I licensed trainers who are licensed and trained to deliver the following in-house professional development:
- Initial teacher training using a blend of face-to-face workshops and our online courses. Use of the online course ensures fidelity of training content for teachers.There is a per teacher charge that covers the cost of the training book and online registration fee.
- Ongoing peer coaching to teachers who have been trained.
- Administrator workshops that provide an overview of what teachers are learning and suggestions for supporting school-wide implementation.
Level I trainers are licensed to deliver initial teacher training, administrator training, and follow-up coaching to teachers. Building-based peer coaches are licensed to provide peer coaching to teachers.
Please contact us to learn more about this model and develop a personalized plan for your in-house delivery of Keys to Literacy professional development.
Available for these KTL offerings:
- The Key Comprehension Routine
- The Key Vocabulary Routine
- Keys to Writing
Level I Train-the Trainer Session
Literacy specialists attend a 5-day train-the-trainer where they learn the instructional practices for a KTL routine, coaching techniques, and how to deliver Level I training to educators and administrators.
PD for Building-Based Peer Coaches
Keys to Literacy provides onsite or online PD for building coaches.
Follow Up PD for Level I Licensed Trainers
Keys to Literacy provides onsite or online coaching and consultation to administrators and Level I trainers to:
- Develop a plan to train teachers
- Support mastery of KTL instructional practices
- Provide implementation support
Download a PDF description of the Train-the-Trainer model.