This is a one-day training.
Live, Virtual Professional Development
Why do students in grades 5-12 have difficulty with basic reading skills, and how can educators provide effective intervention? This one-day seminar provides an overview of why some older students have difficulty with reading, and what intervention instruction should look like that meets the individual needs of students. Virtual-Live Format: The Keys trainer will use Zoom video conferencing to deliver this training in an interactive format using features such as breakout rooms and chat. Sessions are not recorded - attendance only in real time.
**Please note, there is some repeated content in Keys to Adolescent Literacy and Adolescent Reading Intervention. Participants should read each description to determine which training would be most appropriate for their needs.
- Adolescent literacy defined, overview of the research on intervention instruction for grades 5-12
- Reading Basics: The 5 components of reading, the Simple View of reading
- Review of causes of literacy difficulty
- Overview of a screening and diagnostic assessment model for grades 5-12
- Matching students to interventions, targeted explicit instruction
- Interventions for word study, fluency
- Interventions for vocabulary and comprehension
View a Printable Brochure/Registration Form or Register Below. REFUND/CANCELLATION POLICY
- If you cancel 3 days or more prior to training, you will be issued a full refund.
- No refunds will be issued for "no shows" or cancellations within 72 hours of training.
- Substitutions accepted.
Who Should Participate
All Educators and administrators who are interested in learning more about intervention instruction for grades 5-12.
Enter the number of attendees you wish to register for Adolescent Reading Intervention (Live Virtual Training).