This is a one-day training.
Live, Virtual Professional Development
Why do students in grades 5-12 have difficulty with basic reading skills, and how can educators provide effective intervention?
This one-day seminar provides an overview of why some older students have difficulty with reading, and what intervention instruction should look like that meets the individual needs of students.
Virtual-Live Format: The Keys trainer will use Zoom video conferencing to deliver this training in an interactive format using features such as breakout rooms and chat.
- Adolescent literacy defined, overview of the research on intervention instruction for grades 5-12
- Reading Basics: The 5 components of reading, the Simple View of reading
- Review of causes of literacy difficulty
- Overview of a screening and diagnostic assessment model for grades 5-12
- Matching students to interventions, targeted explicit instruction
- Interventions for word study, fluency
- Interventions for vocabulary and comprehension
View a Printable Brochure/Registration Form or Register Below.
- If you cancel 3 days or more prior to training, you will be issued a full refund.
- No refunds will be issued for "no shows" or cancellations within 72 hours of training.
- Substitutions accepted.
Who Should Participate
All Educators and administrators who are interested in learning more about intervention instruction for grades 5-12.
Enter the number of attendees you wish to register for Adolescent Reading Intervention (Live Virtual Training).