This is a one-day training.
Live, Virtual Professional Development
This one-day training focuses on teaching advanced word study so students can spell and read multisyllable words in any subject. Beginning in grade four, after students have developed knowledge of letter-sound correspondences and basic decoding skills in the primary grades, they need to learn how to combine those skills with knowledge of syllable patterns, syllable division principles, and morphology (roots, prefixes, suffixes) to read and spell unfamiliar multisyllable words.
Virtual-Live Format: The Keys trainer will use Zoom video conferencing to deliver this training in an interactive format using features such as breakout rooms and chat.
- Syllable awareness: six types of syllables found in words
- Schwa vowel sound
- Syllable division principles
- Morphological awareness
- Layers of English: Anglo Saxon, Latin, and Greek derived words
- Prefixes, suffixes, roots
- Spelling rules for adding endings
- Structural analysis to read and spell multisyllable words
View a Printable Brochure/Registration Form Register Below
- If you cancel 3 days or more prior to training, you will be issued a full refund.
- No refunds will be issued for "no shows" or cancellations within 72 hours of training.
Who Should Participate
All grades 4 & 5 educators; intervention educators who work with students in grades 4-12 who have difficulty with spelling and fluent reading of multisyllable words.
Enter the number of attendees you wish to register for Advanced Word Study: Grade 4 and Beyond (Live Virtual Training).