This is a two day training. Training Dates are June 1 & 15.
Live, Virtual Professional Development
This two-day virtual, live professional development focuses on writing instruction across all subjects for students in grades 3-12. Participants learn best practices to address the writing requirements of state writing standards, including frequent writing in all content areas. Virtual-Live Format: The Keys trainer will use Zoom video conferencing to deliver this training in an interactive format using features such as breakout rooms and chat. Sessions are not recorded - attendance only in real time.
- Writing Basics: teaching principles (explicit instruction, using mentor text, providing opportunities for peer collaboration, differentiated instruction and use of scaffolds)
- Quick Writes: short writing tasks to support writing in all subjects
- Sentences & Paragraphs: activities designed to develop strong sentence and paragraph writing
- Stages of the Writing Process: teaching students to follow a think, plan, write, revise process; scaffolds for each stage of the process
- Summary Writing: teaching tips and scaffolds for writing summaries in all subjects
- Three Types of Writing: teaching the text structure of informational, opinion/argument, and narrative writing
- Writing from Sources: teaching a routine for writing responses to teacher-generated prompts based on sources
*Registrations received after May 15 cannot be guaranteed a book in time for the training.
View a Printable Brochure/Registration form or register below. REFUND/CANCELLATION POLICY
- If you cancel 3 days or more prior to training, you will be issued a full refund.
- No refunds will be issued for "no shows" or cancellations within 72 hours of training.
- Substitutions accepted.
Enter the number of attendees you wish to register for Keys to Content Writing, Grades 3-12 (Live Virtual Training).