Training Dates are April 5, 7, 12, 14, 26, 28 & May 3 & 5! (This training is eight sessions.)
Live, Virtual Professional Development
Are you looking for professional learning for using evidence-based language and literacy instructional practices for pre-school children? If the answer is yes, then this professional development offering may be the answer!
This 12-hour virtual training covers foundational, emergent literacy skills for learning to read. Pre-school educators participate in discussions, engage in hands-on activities, and reflect on their own implementation of strategies learned during the training sessions.
Virtual-Live Format: The Keys trainer will use Zoom video conferencing to deliver this training in an interactive format using features such as breakout rooms and chat.
The course is organized into four modules. Each module is 3 hours, totaling 12 hours for the full course. Each module is covered during two, 90-minute sessions.
- Module 1 Print Knowledge: what it is, why it is important, and how to teach it
- Module 2 Phonological Awareness: what it is, why it is important, how it develops, and how to teach it
- Module 3 Vocabulary: how children learn new words and how to teach vocabulary
- Module 4 Oral Language: what it is, why it is important, instructional suggestions for developing oral language as a foundation for reading and writing
The content for this professional development was developed by the Regional Educational Laboratory Southeast for the Institute of Education Sciences, U.S. Department of Education.
View a Printable Brochure/Registration Form or Register Below
- If you cancel 3 days or more prior to training, you will be issued a full refund.
- No refunds will be issued for "no shows" or cancellations within 72 hours of training.
- Substitutions accepted.
Who Should Participate
PreK teachers, instructional aids, literacy coaches, and administrators.
Enter the number of attendees you wish to register for Keys to Emergent Literacy – PreK (Live, Virtual).