REGISTRATION CLOSES AT MIDNIGHT ON MAY 10, 2023 (EASTERN TIME)!
Help us celebrate our 15th anniversary by attending our virtual-live Keys to Literacy conference!
Since 2007, Keys to Literacy has provided high-quality, engaging, professional development that is aligned to research-based literacy instruction. Our goal is to help educators teach literacy in a way that increases literacy achievement for all students.
- Live-Virtual Conference Date: May 12, 2023, 9:00 – 3:30 EST
- Six-Weeks of Access to Recorded Sessions: May 19 – June 30, 2023
- Cost: $49
- Participants can attend virtual-live webinar sessions on the day of the conference, and watch recordings of all the sessions over a six-week period after the conference.
May 12 Conference Schedule
- 9:00-10:00: Kick-Off Keynote
- 10:15-11:15: Part 1
- 11:30-12:30: Part 2
- 1:00-2:00: Part 3
- 2:15-3:30: Part 4
(Attendees can attend 1 of 3 sessions offered during each Part)
Twelve, one-hour sessions will be presented by Keys to Literacy national literacy trainers/consultants. There will also be an opening keynote by Joan Sedita, Keys to Literacy founder. Session topics draw from our main literacy professional development training courses, including Keys to Beginning Reading, Keys to Early Writing, Keys to Content Writing, The Key Comprehension Routine, and The Key Vocabulary Routine. The sessions are designed so attendees can access practical suggestions for research-based instructional practices.
Conference Kick-Off Keynote Presented by Joan Sedita
The Reading and Writing Connection: Effective Instructional Practices
Session Titles Focused on K-3 Primary Grades:
- Oral Language to Support Early Literacy Instruction
- Instructional Suggestions for Beginning Phonics
- Early Writing: Composing Through Drawing, Lists, and Labels
- Building Strong Sentences in K-2 for Improved Writing and Comprehension
Session Titles Focused on Grades 4-12:
- Teaching Summary to Support Comprehension and Writing
- Question Generation to Support Comprehension
- Vocabulary: Previewing and Word Relationship Activities
- Quick Writes to Support Content Learning and Practice Writing
- Strengthening Sentence Sense for Improved Writing and Comprehension
- Teaching Paragraph Structure for Improved Comprehension and Writing
- Scaffolding to Support Stages of the Writing Process
- Advanced Word Study Grade 4 and Beyond: Targeted Instructional Strategies
Click here to view the detailed schedule
- A certificate of participation will be provided.
- Two weeks prior to the conference, you will receive an email with information and links to access the webinar sessions, and for accessing recordings after the conference.
- To support our mission to provide free and low-cost teacher training, we will donate 20% of the proceeds to Boon Philanthropy, an organization that raises funds to provide scholarships for literacy teacher training courses.
Questions? Please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who Should Participate
Anyone interested in accessing practical suggestions for research-based instructional practices.