Keys to Literacy is offering teacher training for using Letterland, our newest offering for primary grades.
Letterland is the most engaging, multi-sensory, and explicit core reading program for teaching phonemic awareness and phonics that we have seen. It is a complete program with materials for grades Pre-K through Grade 2 and includes additional intervention lessons.
Learn how to use the Letterland Grade 1 Teacher’s Guide, character letter-sound stories, alphabet and handwriting songs, placement and progress monitoring assessments, and all the instructional materials that come with the Letterland program. You will also be introduced to the supplemental intervention lessons.
Grade 1 training covers:
- Blending & segmenting letter sounds
- Word families ad, am, ell, et, ick, etc.
- Consonant blends, silent e, soft c & g
- Vowel teams ai, ay, ea, ee, igh, etc.
- Diphthongs oo, ou, ow, oi, oy
- Prefixes & suffixes re-, un-, -ed, -ing, -ful, -ly
- Comparative endings er, est
- High-frequency sight words
Consider combining this training with the Letterland Kindergarten Training the day before!
View Printable Brochure/Registration Form or Register Below
Who Should Participate
All teachers and administrators of children ages 4 through 7 who want to learn how to teach foundation skills using Letterland AND who want to learn more about using Letterland as a reading foundations curriculum.