Keys to Literacy is offering teacher training for using Letterland, our newest offering for primary grades.
Letterland is the most engaging, multi-sensory, and explicit core reading program for teaching phonemic awareness and phonics that we have seen. It is a complete program with materials for grades Pre-K through Grade 2 and includes additional intervention lessons.
Learn how to use the Letterland Grade 1 Teacher’s Guide, character letter-sound stories, alphabet and handwriting songs, placement and progress monitoring assessments, and all the instructional materials that come with the Letterland program. You will also be introduced to the supplemental intervention lessons.
Grade 1 training covers:
- Blending & segmenting letter sounds
- Word families ad, am, ell, et, ick, etc.
- Consonant blends, silent e, soft c & g
- Vowel teams ai, ay, ea, ee, igh, etc.
- Diphthongs oo, ou, ow, oi, oy
- Prefixes & suffixes re-, un-, -ed, -ing, -ful, -ly
- Comparative endings er, est
- High-frequency sight words
Learn how to use these Letterland instructional activities that make learning engaging and fun!
- Character letter-sound trick
- Letter-sound action trick
- Capital letter trick
- Quick dash, Guess who, Alphabet line, Picture coding
- Blending & segmenting: Roller Coaster, Rubber Band, Finger Tapping
- Live Reading, Live Spelling, Live Word Sort
- Handwriting: Air Writing, Rainbow Writing
- Word detective
- 3-by-3 tricky (sight) words
You will leave this training prepared to teach Grade 1 Letterland lessons!
View Printable Brochure/Registration Form or Register Below
Who Should Participate
All teachers and administrators of children ages 4 through 7 who want to learn how to teach foundation skills using the Letterland Grade 1 lessons AND any educators who want to learn more about using Letterland as a reading foundations curriculum.