Are you looking for an engaging, complete program to teach phonemic awareness, phonics & spelling, and handwriting to young children? If the answer is YES, attend this workshop!
Letterland is the most multi-sensory and fun program we have seen for teaching foundational reading skills. It is a complete phonemic awareness, phonics, spelling, and handwriting program for Pre-K through Grade 2. Children learn the sound-letter associations, the alphabetic principle, phonics, and word reading fluency through visuals, music, movement, art, and role-play. Story-based characters who live in Letterland are at the core of this program, aligned to the structured, systematic phonics sequence used in Orton-Gillingham instruction.
- Fun and engaging:
- Children learn letter sounds and patterns through stories based on characters that are visually embedded in letters
- Multi-sensory learning through songs, visuals, and actions
- Designed as foundational reading instruction for all students, plus intervention lessons for supplemental instruction
- Placement and progress monitoring assessments built into unit lessons
- Tightly aligned with Common Core literacy standards
- Research-based and proven track record over 40 years in over 100 countries
- Easy-to-use, complete lesson materials that are economically priced without the need to purchase student consumables
About This Introductory Day
Participants in this workshop will:
- Meet the Letterland characters a to z and learn their stories, alphabet and writing songs, and Capital Letter tricks
- Review the systematic phonics scope and sequence as it progresses from PreK through Grade 2
- View classroom video examples of key Letterland instructional practices such as Live Reading, Live Spelling, Quick Dash, and Guess Who?
- Learn about the ongoing assessments that are embedded in lessons
- Learn about the small group supplemental and intervention lessons for struggling students that are embedded in the program
- Learn how Letterland can be combined with an existing core reading program or guided reading to significant enhance phonemic awareness and phonics skills
View Printable Brochure/Registration Form or Register Below
Who Should Participate
All teachers and administrators of children ages 4-7 who want to learn about using Letterland as a foundational reading curriculum.
Enter the number of attendees you wish to register for Introduction to Letterland.